INNER WEST HUB
4 events, 4 nights, many cultures
Ashfield Town Hall
Thursday 6 - Sunday 9 September
Ashfield Town hall
Inner West Hub
Thur 6 to Sun 9 Sept – Ashfield Town Hall and Surrounds
Sydney Sacred Music Festival and Inner West Council’s Edge Festival partner to present 4 days of sacred art and music. This launch event will feature the cross-cultural, hip-hop and world music fusion of Worlds Collide to projections, ceremonies and more.
Experience local stories in the lanes and buildings with sound and art installations, pop-up performances, sartorial fashion innovations; and enjoy Greek sweets and coffee with Kafé as Poume in the foyer.
Thursday 6 Launch, 5pm
Join us at Ashfield Town Centre on Thursday 6 September, 5pm - 8pm, for a FREE community launch when cutting edge innovation fuses with vibrant traditions.
Celebrate with 70 local artists, musicians and performers working with diverse communities.
- 'Worlds Collide' multicultural musicians and culturally diverse dancers
- Art e Connect fashionistas light up ethnic costumes and ball gowns;
- Pop up performances by Spark Youth Theatre Say Something, Do Something and Unspoken Words
- Giant projections of Three Generations by Esem Projects -Stories of journeys and destinations are captured through a mix of archival and contemporary curated stories, photographs and portraits
- Kafe As Poume a Mediterranean inspired Kafeneio serving complimentary Cypriot coffee and Spoon Sweets by Eleni Christou in Ashfield Council Foyer
- Sacred lanterns and chandeliers by Jyanto Tan working with local Chinese communities
- Folkloric floral motifs by New Moon - artists in residence at Yananda Room -Kim Siew, Amy Mills, Rosell Flatley and Eleni Christou
- Paper chains ceiling – by Michelle Menser and Ashfield Public School
- Secret sounds of Ashfield by Selina Springet and Antonio Bellini working with Spark Youth Theatre
The Festival continues at Ashfield Town Hall...
Friday 7 Sept, 7pm - Sacred Music of China
Saturday 8 Sept, 7pm - The Love of a Mystic - Sacred Rituals from the Balkans
Sunday 9 Sept, 4pm - Woman's Gathering: Reflections on the Sacred
UPDATES, VIDEO LINKS AND MORE on the individual
FACE BOOK EVENts